Recent twitter entries...

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Midnight Munchies

So my roommate, Ash and I were home doing homework and reading all night. She went into her room to read for a bit, emerged and sat on the couch to type a paper. There we sat, and soon she began to crave pizza (of course it's usually me, but I had already ordered one last night, so my craving was not there for the moment). I laugh and of course we begin to discuss where to order from. I decide that perhaps I could order some breadsticks and that would be good, but then we had to compromise on where to order from for both of us and that of course only complicates the situation. Well she wants Papa Johns pizza, but I want Pizza Hut breadsticks. We look on the Pizza Hut website, and she finds a "natural" pizza (gotta love marketing) that sounds good. So now we are good, and going to order from Pizza Hut.
Pizza Hut has this lovely online ordering option, and so we plug in the pizza order and it comes up for $13. Okay, now Ash debates that it's too much for a pizza and so we decide we don't need it....
5 minutes later...Perhaps it's not too much, let's look at it again, I mean one pizza is like 4 meals worth. Okay, well, let's see how much the breadsticks are. Open the appetizer page to click on the breadsticks and this amazing little picture of some potato bites pops-up. Oh, now we're talkin', those look delicious...Now I'm more in than I was, beginning to crave these potato bites even more now that they could be soon delivered into my hands....No, we don't need to get anything, it's too much money....Yes, it's worth it...No, it's not good for us and it's already late, we just have the munchies....Ya, ya, go for it.
20 minutes later (got preoccupied with a phone call)...Okay, we're doing it, we're going to order. Plug in the pizza, now it's only $9.99, even better. Look for the potato bites, not there. What? They were just there, what the heck? refresh the page, re-click on the option...no potato bites. All the breadsticks in the world, but no potato bites...Okay this is wierd. Go to refresh the page completely from the beginning and Ash is over it and just wants to call and ask. The following conversation ensues (It's on speakerphone):
Pizza Hut (PH): Hello, Pizza Hut, can I help you?
Ash: I'd like to place an order for delivery
PH: Name? (ash answers) Address? (ash answers) Phone? (ash answers)
PH: Okay, what can I get for you?
Ash: ummm, do you have those potato bites for delivery?
PH: No, we don't have those at all, sorry.
Me (background): That's fine, just get your pizza
Ash: Okay, can I get a natural pizza?
PH: Actually, we're all out.
Ash: Um, K, never mind.
PH: Sorry
Ash: No worries, thanks.

If only I had been on the line. Do you understand what just happened? Pretty sure they didn't have either of what we wanted. Okay...potato bites I can understand, perhaps they are a specialty item that are only available at some stores (although they really shouldn't put them on the website and tempt poor souls like myself if that's the case). But, let's reflect a moment. Pizza? They are out of Pizza!? Excuse me, I did call Pizza Hut, correct? They are a restaurant with the name of the establishment having the food item that I ordered in it, and they are out? Ummm, what do you have? How about some shrimp? Oh, ya, got that. NOT REALLY. This is Pizza Hut, folks. It seems to me that when you have run out of pizza you probably have nothing to offer the population who will be calling or attending your fine establishment. So, perhaps, you should, once you run out of your ONLY menu item besides wings (which no one even knows you have in the first place), close your restaurant. Perhaps that would save many awkward phone calls, and next time I'm gonna ask you a few questions about the situation just to clarify exactly what is occurring at the time we spoke. You, PIZZA HUT are out of PIZZA. Okay, makes total sense, thanks for staying at work and answering phone calls. Perhaps this way I at least have an explanation for why I can't get my food, but still not convinced it's worth the conversation.
At any rate, no pizza. Opt for sushi and a seaweed salad instead. Good stuff, hit the spot and probably much healthier in the long run. Thank you Pizza Hut for removing an unhealthy option from my life and allowing me a great laugh in the process!

1 comment:

  1. This is a GREAT post, Eve. Totally made me laugh. :D I hate it when I'm craving something and then find out it's all gone. Good job choosing a healthy alternative--although I wouldn't have been able to stomach the sushi/seaweed combo. ;) Thanks for always leaving such fun comments on my blog. I love having you in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete