Recent twitter entries...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yet another...

So, I have not posted in a while, as my life has been rather stagnant (or perhaps just minimal drama or entertaining stories) recently. However, there are two rather small stories or things that struck me as funny the other night...
Both took place on a night out to dinner with my roommate and some of her friends/old roommates from when we lived in provo together about five years ago. The dinner was great, it was fun to see everyone again and I ended up actually getting out of the house on a weeknight and not just to the Garr's, which RARELY happens. At any rate, here ya go...
#1) Parked across the street from Spark (the place we went for dinner in provo, rather fun if you ever want to try it out). Had to cross the street at the cross-walk to get to Spark. Arrive at the cross-walk and push the button. Look up at the "hand/man walking" sign to see when we were allowed to cross and the hand was showing. I realized that the hand looked as though the middle finger had burned out and was giving us the star trek sign with the split fingers. Amusing, I thought to myself, but was talking about something else and so didn't mention it, nor did anyone else (if they even noticed). Cross the street, have dinner, come back to cross the street the other way. That sign is also giving the star trek greeting, and I decide that is rather odd and I comment, "Dude, how weird is that, that hand is totally missing it's middle finger and giving us that strange star trek greeting or something." Ash's friend responds, "Oh ya, that is funny, but how much you wanna bet that somebody put tape over it." I look at him funny and ask, "Really? Why would they do that?" We proceed to cross the street and sure enough, it had been taped. I reply rather sarcastically, "Ha, you totally nailed it, it is taped, and the best part is, they spent the time to tape it and I would have figured they would have at least taped all the fingers but the middle finger." (You know me, always have to take clean amusement to a different level I suppose). To which Ash's friend responds, "ummm, yes, that would be logical, but do you know where we are? that's about as good as jokes get around here." Of course, we were in the heart of zoobieville (no offense to BYU), and for some reason it totally cracked me up. Gotta love the bubble.
#2) We enter the restaurant and while counting up how many of us there are to be seated, the waitress asks, "you here for dinner?" I wanted to say "here's your sign." But instead I looked around, yes, a restaurant (I'm assuming it was for dining) and then at my cell phone to see the time, 6:47pm (normal dinner time) and then noted in my head that this place does not serve alcohol. Hmmmm, nope, we're actually tonight's entertainment,(and as I survey the long square table perfect for dancing) but where are the poles? That's usually what we need to really give the show you guys ordered us for. She looked at me, as I didn't realize it had been a moment of contemplation on my part, when I finally said, "yup, that's right, dinner." Oh man, sometimes it's much better that I don't say the things that go through my head. But, they certainly do crack me up. I mean, I think I'm pretty darn funny.

1 comment:

  1. We're all amused by you, Eve. But the funniest part is how amused you are at yourself. :) Yeah, that always cracks me up the most. It's like I always say, it's all about the simple pleasures. If you can entertain yourself like you do, life will never be dull. :D

    ReplyDelete