Recent twitter entries...

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Update, I suppose...it's been long enough, right?

K, so I'm in Ohio now. Yahoo, home and loving it. Well, loving it except for the freakin' organic chemistry II lab I am taking....Okay, so it's the summer and it's a lab, right? Should be pretty stinkin' easy. Follow some procedures, make some products, right a bunch of crap about it all in your lab notebook and you're outta there. Oh no. Not the case AT ALL....So evidently after not taking chemistry for three years just about EVERYTHING regarding molecules and aprotic solvents, polarity, electronegativities, etc, etc. goes OUT THE WINDOW. I've realized this, the hard way. How? You might ask. Well, I'll tell ya...By walking into my lab of asian robots who are all pre-med and don't want to be bothered and the lab instructor is an indian woman who thinks that chemistry is the building block for just about everything in life. Which, I get it, with atoms and all that junk, it sort of is. But as far as REAL LIFE, it certainly IS NOT. So, that's where we differ, at least it seems. Or, that is what I have gathered. So, here I am, stuck in a lab of robots who know EVERYTHING there is to know about chemistry and molecules and shit we can't even see or touch, and they are expected to, so kudos to them. However, there is me, who doesn't remember a THING about it all and is the moron in the lab who everyone knows is a moron and does not want to deal with. So, needless to say, it's FUN. Sooooooo fun. I freakin' love it. Did you catch the sarcasm? Hope so, 'cuz I wasn't holding it back. Oh ya, and did I mention that evidently summer, 1 credit labs now, evidently, have TESTS!?!? In four weeks, we have two tests. WHAT!?!?!?!? I have had the most ridiculous luck in graduating and now that I'm almost there (1 credit away) and thinking it was a guarantee....Well, perhaps it's not. But, it will be, dang it. It's going to happen. I am going to pass this stinkin' class. So that's that.
On a better note, if I can survive this class, I am moving to Denver with Rob. And, we found a house to rent!!! Yahoo!! and that is not sarcastic. It looks lovely, it has three bedrooms and 2 and a half bathrooms and a fenced in backyard. Which, the backyard for the dogs that is fenced was the biggest winner for us, so we are stoked!!! Well done to Rob and my step-dad for going out there and finding it for us. My mom and I certainly had no time, so they got the job done, and from the pictures, it looks like they did a great job of it. So, for now, I'm back to studying the "organic chemistry I for dummies" book that I bought in hopes of remembering something about the basics. Hope life is well for the rest of you. I'm just making it through, one lab at a time. I can do anything for three more weeks. That's what I keep telling myself.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, to laugh at your pain, but I am. You just make it so funny. But, with my laughter, I do also feel for you... nothing scares me more than robot asians. Congrats on the house - sounds sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome about the house. Post some pictures or e-mail them to me. I would love to see it. Good luck with your chemistry lab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Good Luck with that! Chem always kicks my trash!

    ReplyDelete