Recent twitter entries...

Friday, August 14, 2009

Wow...Internet...what a novel idea!

K, so we just got moved into Colorado as of a week ago, but Comcast was evidently so popular that they could not install internet nor cable for us until this morning. So, this is the first post in quite a while. As, any free internet we stole we used for my online class and Rob's job applications. Oh, and if you are wondering where the best places are to sit in the parking lot and steal internet (typing in the car is a blast) are near Thornton, CO....Well, I can certainly tell you. As, Old Chicago had the strongest signal of anywhere (near the dumpster in the back, and it was shaded around 2pm). Or, there is always the Liquor Store very near our house and much more convenient. However, it was a bit weaker of a signal and would often be lost at crucial moments of posting job applications. Starbuck's is a freakin' joke. I'll leave it at that for now, and if you really want to know the rest, just ask. So, now that I'm back in the game there will be pics to come this afternoon. Until then, however, a quick update...
House is AMAZING. Getting used to not knowing where exactly each dog and human is in the house just from sitting on the couch. It results in a lot of me yelling "Rob?" and him responding but me not hearing, etc. Then we end up meeting in the hallway and being frustrated at each other that I really didn't need anything. I'm getting better though. Just very odd to go from basically a studio apartment to a house. Oh, and to have a roommate. Or someone who is living in my house with me. Usually just me. Well, the dogs of course, but at this point they seem to be a given. The backyard is awesome. The dogs also agree, especially for their digging hobbies (that will need to be taken care of quickly. But, don't know how to fix it exactly). Although, I do love not having to put them on leashes and walk up and down three flights of stairs to take them out. Rather, I can just open and a shut a door. Perfect. Oh, and there are two and a half bathrooms. So, Rob has his bathroom upstairs with his overly cluttered bedroom and it works out perfect. I get the master bedroom on the main floor with a huge walk-in closet (fits all my clothes) and a quite large bathroom. The loft upstairs has the two brown couches from my old apartment and my desk. Hoping to make that a sort of study area. Anyway, it's like a real house. In a real neighborhood. With real bedrooms. And, real internet, FINALLY. So there is the update for now. Oh, wait, I forgot to mention there is a huge network of paved trails (not sidewalks, like paved paths through public grass area) right outside our door. We've walked the dogs for 7 days now without having a repeat loop. AWESOME. So, now as long as Rob finds a job, we should be good to go. He's in Denver dropping off more applications as we speak, so hopefully he will find one soon. Oh, and we got our colorado licenses and license plates, so we are officially Coloradoans now. Crazy stuff. (Like I said, pictures are coming soon, as soon as I find and unpack the box that was supposed to have my camera in it).

5 comments:

  1. Yea! Sounds like so much fun....I am excited for you guys and your new adventrues in Colorado...can't wait for the pictures and especially your back to school picture on Wednesday....don't forget! Love ansd miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it sounds perfect! I am so happy for you guys. I'm going to talk to Cody and plan a trip that way soon so we will have to come see your place. Can't wait to see some pics and hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the move, and I bet you are glad that part is behind you. We are just waiting on pics of the house now...Glad everything is going well for you. Now just 4 more months till we get to see you guys (kinda sad that that sounds close). Anyway, hope school goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update, Eve! I'm glad you have the Internet from the comfort of your own home now. Sounds like a great set-up for you guys AND the dogs. Good luck to Rob with his job searching! Love you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice that you guys scored on such a sweet place... it sound perfect. Though, I am sorry you had to live in the dark ages without internet for so long. And, just an idea for your dog-digging problem... do you own a paintball gun? Wait! I'm totally kidding (sort of).

    ReplyDelete