Recent twitter entries...

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Really...

So really, no new updates at all. Same old, same old. Rob is working and doing all the "mr. mom" chores (minus actually having kids and being a mom). I am barely surviving. In fact, I'm taking a break from the insanity of studying for my midterm tomorrow in order to clear the mind for a moment. It's just too bad when I stop to "take my mind off of studying" and yet all I can think to write is about orlistat causing fecal urgency, PPI's (proton-pump inhibitors) being the most effective treatment for GERD and the drug names for PPI's ending in "azoles." The fact that the anorectic drugs for obesity are not to be used in people with hypertension due to their increased norepinephrine release and that Serotonergic agonists specific to 5HT 1b/1d are the best treatment for migraines. AHHHHHHHHH....that is a little bit of what goes on in my head every freakin' three seconds. Really? Did I really pay for this? All I can say is someday I better get a freakin' degree. At least, not fail out before that or completely self-medicate for insanity. Speaking of which, my internship next semester (starting in mid-January) is going to be at the psych ward. VERY EXCITING!!! and, that was meant truthfully. Psych drugs are my biggest intrigue and will probably become my passion. I fit right in with those folks, and the brain is an amazing thing. Until then, back to treating, dosing, side effects, drug-drug interactions and names of all the treatments for acute renal failure, cushing's syndrome, adrenal insufficiency, hypercortisolism, IBS, constipation, headache, GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), and obesity. FUNNNNNNN!!!!!!!! Oh, and on a slightly lighter note, in all my free time I have managed to paint the flower girl baskets which I think are awesome, find the two readings for the wedding, help my mom work on the prayer, and nearly finalize the seating chart. We are getting there, and the other day I think Rob said it's only 50 days or something left!!! So crazy. Well, that's life. Exciting, huh?

2 comments:

  1. I like your new blog template. I bet working in the psych ward will be interesting. And congratulations on the progress in getting things ready for your wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one part of your post sounded like a lecture and I'm not going to lie...I didn't like it. Its good that you are loving school though. Just loving it! We are excited for your wedding. It better be awesome or else.

    ReplyDelete