Recent twitter entries...

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just a little note-to-self

So, I realized that I had not showered in two days the other day, and decided that it was a must at this point. Not that I had been doing anything really extravagant causing me to "know" that I needed a shower, but more that I just knew two days was long enough without one. At any rate, I went into the bathroom, which happens to be the only mirror in the house (probably my number 1 problem right there), and prior to stripping down, I took a glance into it...
Let's just say, I looked like a living craft project. First off I had on mesh basketball shorts (that were Rob's) and they were sort of like baggie capri's to start with (they certainly brought out the gangsta in me). On top of that, they started off blue, and now they were a lovely smattering of minty green and white and black streaks of random paint (we can all guess where that came from). Also, the top band was folded over, exposing the awesome black shoe string with pink skulls that had replaced the lost elastic band that once held them on. From there I moved onto my legs which are already nearly albino white, but were now accented even whiter with plaster streaks and rubs (once again, we can guess where it came from). Hot. On down to the feet, and of course, house slippers, 'cuz who doesn't where those when in the house? Okay, now for the top half...Gray t-shirt with holes in it (once I find a favorite, I wear it 'til my friends are threatening to throw it out) and it now has a green hand print from evidently forgetting to wash my hand prior to drying it on my shirt (clearly, I'm a genius), as well as a few other choice acrylic stains. My arms, more acrylic smears from putting my arm in wet paint while moving my hand to paint the next areas (you might think I would learn, but nope, sure not). And the face, well, it was holding out okay minus the black paint smudge beneath one eye. Perhaps it could pass as smudged mascara, so I let it slide. Well, at least people would merely look at my face and think, oh, she's not a complete and total mess (positive thinking, right?). Really, though, it was all a front. I was a mess. Oh, and my hands, well they were stained with black ink from sketching out a diamond pattern on one of the swirls....Into the shower I went, thinking it was a good thing I thought to shower (and therefore, change) prior to leaving the house. Everything came off, except for the ink hands, and I think I was good to go. But, note-to-self, use that bathroom mirror more often, and make sure to never BECOME the craft project that you are working on. Note taken, thanks. I'm a slow learner, but at least now it has been noted, I think that's step 1 in some recovery program. I think.

5 comments:

  1. I should give myself some notes from that recovery program as well--not only do I neglect showering for way too long, but I also wander around in the same clothes for most of the week that I wore to mow the lawn earlier that week. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I guess my only mirror is also located in the bathroom--that's probably part of my problem too. That, and I'm fairly lazy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'd watch your back, though... sounds like someone could very well nominate you for 'What Not To Wear' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you please post a picture of your attire?

    Also, I can't wait to see Whoville at your wedding. I'm totally wrapping your present in christmas paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Eve-ster! Sounds like you and Maddie are buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah we bought a truck. The Saturn bit the bullet, may she rest in peace, so we upgraded! The camper was actually a bonus that came with the truck so even better.
    As for Bluegrass...Oh how I wish! I really just don't think we can make it work this year. But it sounds like soooo much fun. When are the dates anyway?

    ReplyDelete