Recent twitter entries...

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's been a while...

So, I haven't posted anything in a while as I have seriously not had any time. Sleep has become a strong competitor with blogging, and sad to admit, it usually wins. At any rate, two weekends ago I was able to fly home for a day to good ol' Utah and go to my bridal shower that Amber and her awesome fam had put together for me. Cherie (Rob's mom) was awesome enough to pick me up from the airport, let me use my car to go get my haircut, return and then drive me down to McCormick (near Delta) for my bridal shower. It was mainly Amber's fam (whom are all my great friends) and then Emily and Hayley, as well as Rob's mom and Aunt Iva. It was sooooo fun. There was great food, awesome people, and a lovely "halloweeny" location (Amber's mom decorates like a professional craft shop). It was awesome to be able to get back and hang out with everyone I used to see almost weekly if not daily. Unfortunately, while I was there, Rob was in CO hanging out with my dad and step-mom for the day while I was gone. They had come to visit for the weekend and we had a great time as well. We ate sushi twice, which is AMAZING, and they got in some good sightseeing and time with me when I wasn't at school or studying. It was relaxing, fun, and nice to allow myself a slight break from school. But, now I'm back at it and I've realized it really is not going to give any relief until four years from now. So, better buckle down for the storm. Other than that, Rob is doing an awesome job holding the house together as well as keeping me motivated and being incredibly supportive. It's actually been awesome to have him here with me, and I don't think I'd still be here if it weren't for him. It is now the awesome bi-polar fall weather in the west with one day snowing and the next 80's. Gotta love it. But, soon will be all snow and I think it's headed that direction. We have finally turned on the heat and it seems that highs of 50's are all we're going to get as far as warming back up until winter. I'm ready though, it's always fun to break out the jackets again. So, this morning it snowed and now it's just a gray sleety/snowy day in Colorado. Good for a lot of studying. That's what I'll be doing. There's the update, sorry it's kinda just informative and boring, but, hey, my life is pretty darn boring these days, what can I say.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the bridal shower and I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it. You know me--travel and crowds are NOT my strong point. I'm glad Rob is being so supportive and you certainly have enough winter wear to last through the cold weather. You and Rob specialize in jackets, I think. I thought this was a great post--not boring at all. I hope you'll survive school. I would have given up long ago...in fact, I did! Love you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I'm so sorry I missed you shower. I couldn't find anyone to pawn my boys off onto. I'm glad you were able to have some fun amidst all the craziness, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries on the shower! Totally understand crazy lives and what not. We all have 'em. Just can't wait to have everybody at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could've been at the shower...sounds like it was great and you had fantastic food...mom brought some recipes and we made them all while she was here...very yummy. Ambers family sure knows how to bake! Sorry about the snow...its been rainy here...which is better? Glad Rob is keeping things together and school is going well. Love ya and miss yoU!

    ReplyDelete