Recent twitter entries...

Friday, March 20, 2009

It's official



here is the story of the proposal (so romantic):
In Rob's defense, he wanted me to let you know that I knew the day my ring was done (as I had it made custom - 'cuz I'm like that and want it the way I want it), and so I told him I wanted it some time that day, and it had to cost $20 or less. (I know, demanding and unromantic, but like I said, I know what I want, and in truth, it was perfect and I loved it!!)....So, I was home showering and my biggest fear in life is someone coming in my house when I'm showering, me not hearing them, and them killing me. Needless to say, I'm paranoid when showering and no one is home, and also, I know, I'm wierd....Well, I'm showering, I hear someone come in and I quickly assume my plan of what I will do. Turn off the fan and the water (stealth, I know) and stand still listening (you know, the kind when you try to listen so hard that your heartbeat is interfering with what you normally would be hearing). I yell out, "smash?" (That's my roommate and she is usually at school during this time, but ya never know). I proceed to stealthily (not moving the rungs on the shower curtain, because that could tip off the intruder to my whereabouts) get out of the shower and put on my towel (large, fully covered beach towel that my mom stole from the 4 seasons hotel for me - long story, but another thing about me being particular). I come around the corner and there is Rob with my ring around the straw of a 32oz. Crest Diet Coke (Crest is the gas station that has the best drive-thru and diet coke in all of the nation, clearly my fav) along with a tiny lit candle (he later confesses it was in his room and didn't know where it was from, and I tell him I know it was from when Randy proposed to Laura and those were the candles we floated in the vases - very original) and a flower. He gets down on one knee and proposes, of course I say yes! There it is.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted this on your blog too. Congratulations again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! I freakin LOVE you guys! I can just picture you in that towel saying yes and trying not to drop it! HAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha that's a great proposal story, I love it. Your ring is cool too! I'm so stinkin' excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Now you get to be my sister officially, not like we haven't always thought of you as family anyway these last few years. I love you, Eve! You and Rob are ment to be and what a romantic guy you got! :)

    ReplyDelete