Recent twitter entries...

Friday, September 25, 2009

I Couldn't Sleep at all Last Night...


Ya, that title is supposed to be read to the tune of the song that those are the lyrics of...
At any rate, I couldn't. I got home at like six-thirty (I know, ridiculous, because what time does that leave a person like myself who tries to be in bed by ten at the latest any time to study? None, I tell you, None). At any rate, I got some soup for dinna and then sat down to begin studying. At which point I realized this was not worth the effort as I was far too tired to be focusing. I mean, this stuff is about ionizable drugs being able to diffuse across membranes and equilibrium and concentration gradients. Not exactly a half-dose read. I've attempted to make it that before and have been poorly impressed with the outcome. Basically, I just read it once at half-dose only to have to read it over again when awake and focused......long story short, I decided to take a quick nap. "Quick", of course, being the key to the whole equation. I fell asleep shortly after 9pm and awoke to Jay Leno and Rush Limbaugh and discussing the whole socialized healthcare hoo-ha going on in this crazy nation right about now. Can we say, Rude Awakening? Ya, pretty much awful. Might as well have not woken up because I was hot, sweaty, now annoyed by the topic I awoke too, and still had three chapters to read. Well, I studied until 1:00am and proceeded to tell myself that I would go to bed and get up early to finish the rest. This already resulted in like five hours of sleep since class started at 8:00am, but, I figured I'd try sleep. Nope. that's what sleep had to say about me trying it. Not Happenin'. I rolled around for hours, HOURS and getting so frustrated and then my bladder decided that evidently all the water I had drank throughout the day was going to finally build up and result in me having to urinate every twenty minutes. Of course, just as I get comfortable. It's gotta go like that. Well, as is the norm with not being able to sleep. The more minutes pass by, the more frustrated I get, the more I dread the morning coming, etc., etc. At any rate, I finally fell asleep at 4am and was surprisingly okay when the alarm went off at 6am. I got the studying done. It's all good. But, now I'm home from class, want to take a freakin' nap 'cuz I have a headache and what can I do? NOT NAP. That is for certain. For some reason sleep, despite all other bodily feeling telling me its what is needed, just keeps slammin' the door. NOPE. Watch more TV. Write a blog post. Don't you have studying to do? NO, NO, NO....I want to take a freakin' nap. Please just let me..........those of you who wonder what goes through my head sometimes, this was my last five minute inner monologue. Hope you enjoyed it. And, going the rate I am, I will prob have some more for you here shortly. Oh, and when it hits delirium, it's bound to only get better. haha.

3 comments:

  1. I hate it when I'm feeling tired and I can't fall asleep! No fun. :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, that IS frustrating. There is nothing worse than not being able to fall asleep and knowing how crappy you will feel in the morning. The more frustrated you get, the more you toss and turn. Totally sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny because I read that title as a song before I read the first line. Love it.

    Sorry about your sleep disorder. You should get a Serta.

    ReplyDelete