Recent twitter entries...

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Random Story

Hey, I just realized that I totally forgot to blog about my slight disaster aversion just prior to going to my brother's wedding. Well, basically, I had gotten my dress in the mail and it fit amazingly well for no alterations. Although, the length was a bit much. So, I knew it needed to be hemmed, but with moving to Colorado, starting school, etc., I sort of put it off and forgot about it. Well, I then began being reminded that I needed to get some shoes to match the dress, which reminded me that I needed to get the dress hemmed. So, I found this lovely place and actually found some lovely shoes to go with. Well, I had my appointment for the hemming all set, and had my shoes to take with me in order to get the right length (I know, I'm so on top of this stuff these days. I know how it all works). So, I have the shoes and the dress, the wallet, the keys, the phone, ya know the usgh (pronounced like the beginning of usually). Oh, and don't say I need a purse, because I have three things I check for and that's it, and it works. At any rate, hands were full so I put the shoe box on top of the car. Yes, I'm genius, you don't have to tell me twice. Well, you can all predict from there what occurs. Basically, get the dress in, myself and all else in (minus the shoes) open the garage door and proceed to back out. Get to the bottom of the drive (a slight lip) and hear something slide. I assume (clearly the shoes on the roof were not in my head at all any longer) that it is the dog water bottle sliding around in the back of my truck and proceed to accelerate forward. At which point we clearly feel the "oh crap, what was that" running over of something and I look at Rob like wtf, and proceed to stop. He gets out and then comes to the window carrying what was the perfect gold pair of steve madden shoes that I needed for not only the fitting in ten minutes but also the wedding in a week. Wow. Not so hot. We check them out, and in Steve Madden's defense, for getting run over by a truck those things didn't look half bad. In fact, were almost completely salvageable minus the one heel had become attached at a 45 degree angle rather than 90. So, Rob, being the calm soul that he is, and seeing a small panic attack quickly arriving begins to use the Garmin and determine where the closest shoe store is on the way to the fitting. No, they may not be the right shoes, but at least something that may work in order to at least get the hem correct on the dress. So, we go to famous footwear, and low and behold, they had the identical shoes, in the right size and half off what I originally paid! Wowsa, good day I tell ya.

2 comments:

  1. A true EVE MOMENT. I'm a little frightened for when you have kids, Eve. It all gets a little more frantic and you'll get a ton more forgetful. I'm sure that will be Little Rob's firetruck being ran over when you're a mom and you're going to have Dad looking up the closest toy store instead! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it all worked out. I liked the pronunciation lesson for "usgh". :)

    ReplyDelete