Recent twitter entries...

Friday, April 17, 2009

Kate, I Want Your Job....

This is a random post in response to the previous post (Top 10 Shows) and the first comment left on that post. Refer to it if you would like, and you should, as this will all make much more sense...

The commenter, "Kate," responded in very quick time, and her response was this (for those of you too lazy to look):

Eve -

We couldn't be more excited to be at the top of the list (and in it 4 times!!). Really glad you're liking TTS. Not sure if you know about the FB page but you can get plenty more info and content here: http://bit.ly/TakingTheStage

Kate with MTV!

So, my mind began to wonder, why, she was motivated to write this post, then how she found this post, then who exactly she was, etc. Here are my conclusions...
1) She clearly works for MTV
2) Her name is Kate (pretty obvious)
3) She found my post in record time
4) This must be her job, as she affiliated herself with a network.
5) Is this her entire job? If so, I want her job....
How great is that? Your day is spent being able to look at blogs all day and then comment in support of lovers/bloggers of your MTV affiliated shows. Basically, you are a cheerleader for free publicity for your said employer. And, not only that, but your employer pays you to be a professional "blog cheerleader." In this way, you get to brighten bloggers days by showing them you read their blog (most people don't), and not only that, but enthusiastically show your love for them freely publicizing your company of employment. It has to not only be a feel-good job (due to above reasons), but also, a super easy and quick job. I mean, honestly, you don't feel like an idiot leaving a comment on someone's blog who you don't even know. You don't even have to go through the awkward introduction comment prior to your comment. You simply find it, bust on to the comments, say "MTV loves your support" in a few more words, and head onto the next site. Basically, Kate, you rock. How did you find this blog anyway? I mean, the blog world must be a feat to conquer, but I would say, to find mine, you must be at the pinnacle of your blog cheerleading world. It's probably as simple as typing in "MTV" or "Taking the Stage" into the search bar at the top of blogger.com, however, not only do you spend the time to do it, but you then take it to an entirely new energy level (with exclamation points and all), and then the cherry on top is that you get paid to do this seemingly mundane task. Props to you for taking an amazing job in the first place (assuming this is your job), and remaining so enthusiastically involved in it. I expected much less, but you clearly proved me wrong. Oh ya, and the Facebook page shout out, another great link to aid me in my every dwindling study habits. Thanks, I appreciate it Kate, we share the love of a show, and I would love to share your job. You're a rockstar, keep it up.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that is AWESOME that she left a comment on your last post. I was impressed even before I read this post--and now I'm even more impressed since it made you feel so good. Fun stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete