Recent twitter entries...

Friday, April 17, 2009

ummm, movies? prob shows.

My Top 10 TV Shows:
I must preface this all by saying that I have a hard time watching movies because they require too much attention time. I tend to have ADD, and often, get distracted part way through, or just give up and turn it off. Or, if it's suspenseful I will just need to know the ending first, so I'll fast forward, and then I can maybe watch it, but usually still not. As far as TV, they are shorter, usually don't require as much attention, as you can get the big picture with not much effort. Also, usually the TV is on, just because I live alone, and have probably given myself a bad habit of always needing background noise to study with. With that said, here are my "top 10" tv shows.
#1) Taking the Stage (MTV) - This is a great show that is about a high school in cincinatti for the talented singers, dancers, etc. A school for the arts if you will. Why I love it? Well, it involves high schoolers, so most of the drama is still very cute. There is a cute couple (the ballet dancer and the hip-hop dancer) that I get twitterpated for, just in watching them. It's fun to see them go through it at their age, 'cuz once in a relationship for a long time (although I wouldn't give it back), you just lose that original twitterpation. Also, amongst the high school drama, you also get great showings of awesome music and dance.
#2) American Idol (FOX) - Don't know why I love it, but sadly must admit I do. I have watched probably too many seasons, but I've picked the last two winners from day one auditions. I get attached, I love thier voices, and I love when they are unique. Also, nothing better than new stuff to find on itunes.
#3) Project Runway (BRAVO) - love to watch the punk sort of style that people come up with. Also, I tend to be slightly creative myself, and just love to see what the people come up with. Besides that, who doesn't love Tim Gunn: "make it work."
#4) The Hills (MTV) - I probably sadly feel as though I know these people. From Laguna Beach to all grown up and living in L.A., I feel as though I root for them, and get mad at their friends for them, etc. Basically, probably provides the "drama" in my life for me, because I rarely have any myself (which I am thankful for, yes).
#5) The City (MTV) - sort of goes along with the hills, because the character is a break off of one of the hills characters, just now she's moved to NYC to work for an even bigger and better fashion person. I think I am attracted to watching what my life is not at all.
#6) Millionaire Matchmaker (Bravo) - She tells it how it is. She also sets up the biggest losers that just happen to have a lot of money. Love to see awkward dates, and people telling it how it is. Entertaining.
#7) Jockeys (Animal Planet) - Great show. Reality show about Jockeys. Pretty much, amazing. Reality and horses, my two favorite things put in one. Oh, and did I mention they have amazing horses on this show, and also, the racing industry in-depth, and this is an industry that is ridiculous in how it works and how much money there is involved in it.
#8) True Life (MTV) - Now this one is listed with a mixture of opinion. Why? Because I love it sometimes, but depending on the topic, choose not to watch it. If it's a good topic, it can offer great insight into, once again, something that my life is not very involved with. I love learning where people come from, and this show does that. However, like I said, some of the topics are a bit much, or perhaps even something I don't even care to get in the heads of the people that are involved in that topic.
#9) America's Next Top Model - Great background. Get some biatch fights over stupid stuff. Get to see models get fat and stress over being a size 4, or who ate who's granola bars. Also, get to see what look like normal girls transformed into models with the make-up and hair on shoots. Just great to see that models, without the make-up, may be average or even less. Sometimes a refreshing glimpse of the modeling industry. Also, photographers are great on the show.
#10) Real Housewives of New York City (Bravo) - Bethanny. Enough said. She's great, totally me, in some ways. Love to, once again, see other peoples lives that are so crazy. Also, incredibly entertaining to watch 40 year old women act like they are in high school and spend money on ridiculous things. Funny to see that although we grow up, honestly, sometimes people never really do. It's very great.
One last thing, these are the top 10, but not really in any certain order because all of them come on at different times of the year, therefore, there is no hierarchy of how I watch them. Rather, a great mix with about two shows at a time, but that I love, whenever they decide to grace my television screen.

2 comments:

  1. Eve -

    We couldn't be more excited to be at the top of the list (and in it 4 times!!). Really glad you're liking TTS. Not sure if you know about the FB page but you can get plenty more info and content here: http://bit.ly/TakingTheStage

    Kate with MTV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought all your favorite shows would be about animals. :) Good to know that you're enjoying yourself in between all the school, homework, and getting engaged. I don't watch TV anymore, but enjoyed it back in the day. It was fun seeing you guys today and those invitations ROCK! :)

    ReplyDelete