Recent twitter entries...

Saturday, April 25, 2009

oh, ya, one more thing...the POLLEN?!?!

K, so evidently pollen levels are at insanely high, record-breaking levels or something right now (actually, prob just the time of year that they are high, but I am exaggerating), and my FACE is letting me know this. Like how joints supposedly ache when a storm is coming in, well, evidently my face has decided to equip me with my very own built-in pollen-o-meter. Yup, pretty much, based on the red and swollenness of my face, as well as the number of minute hives, I could tell you the level of the pollen in the air. Oh ya, totally sitting in my apartment with windows shut and AC on, but oh no, still getting the full effects of what is going on outside with the allergens. Here are a few pics, and they don't really do it justice, but basically, my cheeks can be seen from my own eyes (note-to-self, it's not normal. If that is something that normally occurs with you, you should prob get it looked at). My face, if lightly running your fingers over it, feels like a million little blisters just ready to ooze gook all over when they burst. Yup, feelin' like your face is on fire and you just got bit by a million little red ants couldn't get any better. I'm settling right into it, embracing it, and taking pictures of it for you all to see. So here ya go...

3 comments:

  1. Poor Evey! I'm so sorry you're feeling so miserable! Can you take some Benadryl or something?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Eve, I had no idea...that is aweful! Hang in there...I thought sneezing and itchy nose was bad, but you absolutely take the cake on this one! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ding Ding Ding... You just solved the mystery of the day! Max has, for about a week or so, had an aweful rash sprout up all over his body. Almost like tiny blisters or eczema... And I think he's just a pollen-o-meter too!!! Today it's not so bad, but the pollen's probably just down because it's been snowing! Makes perfect sense! Thanks EVE, you solved my mystery! I'll just give him some claritin or benadryl... You should try some too!

    ReplyDelete